Friday, December 23, 2011

25 Days of Christmas

I know I’ve said this in a previous post, but Christmas is my favorite time of the year! This year has been a little different as today is two days before Christmas and it is 65 degrees outside. It has been a very mild winter so far, I still haven’t pulled out a lot of my sweaters. The temperature change has not stopped me from enjoying my favorite things to do during the season. This year I enjoyed another year of the Raleigh, Cary and Apex Christmas parades. This year my dancers continued to wear their tuxedo jackets and tap danced down the street to the new Mariah Carey song “Oh Santa.” We had a pleasant surprise at this year’s Raleigh parade where Scotty McCreery was the Grand Marshall. He walked right past us walking to his float where our dancers were lined up for the parade.


(Premier Dancers at the Cary Christmas Parade)


December would not be complete without our yearly cookie decorating event. Since we were in college friends have gathered at my friend Kiera’s apartment or house to decorate Christmas cookies. This year we decorated gingerbread houses! I think we did a good job considering this was a first attempt at making a gingerbread house for most of us!


To add to the festivities of Christmas I performed with my tap company, Footnotes, at the Carolina Inn’s 12 Days of Christmas event series. Our performance, “Nine Ladies Tapping and a Guy” was so much fun. The audience was packed and was standing room only! Children gathered around the dance floor and we performed our favorite tap dances to popular Christmas songs. The Carolina Inn is nestled in the heart of Chapel Hill and is known for its’ history and University-spirited character.



Among all these festivities, my favorite part of Christmas is getting together with friends. Friends that have become family come back into town and the reunions we have remind us of why we love each other. Last night, Premier alumni Alana, Leigh, Margaret, Lauren and myself gathered at Monica’s house to celebrate the holidays. Monica has become our second mother/sister as she has been our lifetime dance teacher. The five of us danced together from the age of 3 until we were 18. We still continue to stop by the studio, teach and offer a lending hand at recital. We just can’t stay away! Last night we gathered around Monica’s kitchen table and looked at old pictures and watched old dance videos until the early morning hours! I don’t know the last time I laughed so hard. These friends are truly special and will forever be a part of my life.





What exciting activities did you do this December?

No comments:

Post a Comment