Sunday, December 8, 2013

The First 8 Days of Christmas

It is December 8th and it has been a whirlwind of 8 days of Christmas activities. This week included a DPAC date with Nancy to see "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Downtown Durham was decorated perfectly for Christmas, so of course - two dance teachers needed a photo op!

On Thursday night I volunteered at the 20th Annual Raleigh Jingle Ball. This was a new Christmas tradition for me that I would like to continue every year. In order to attend the Jingle Ball you must bring an unwrapped toy or provide a $30 donation. The rest of the night you get to enjoy the open bar, buffet, DJ and Photo Booth. My friends and I enjoyed dressing up and volunteering at the event. In order to volunteer we took the toys at the door and helped stack this awesome wall of toys! It was so much fun seeing the toys and people coming through the doors. There was a great turnout of people and we had a great time getting in the Christmas spirit! 



Saturday night was the Apex Christmas Parade. The Apex Christmas Parade is my favorite Christmas Parade. The parade begins at 5:00pm so the streets are lit with Christmas lights and everyone is bundled up sipping hot chocolate. I love getting to watch my students perform in this parade and spending time with my favorite reindeer!



No comments:

Post a Comment