Monday, February 3, 2014

North Carolina's Distinguished Young Woman

 When I was in high school I became involved in the Distinguished Young Woman Program which is formerly known as Junior Miss. Since being a participant my Junior year of high school, I was a committee member for the Pitt County Program while I was in college and am a current committee member for the Wake County Program. The participant that was given the honors of Wake County's Distinguished Young Woman in August, competed in the North Carolina program this weekend. I am excited to say - she won!! Our very own, Taylor from Wake County, is now titled North Carolina's Distinguished Young Woman! She received almost $13,000 in scholarship money on Saturday night. Now that she has been chosen as the North Carolina representative she will be heading to Mobile, Alabama in June to participate in the National program. We cannot wait for Taylor to represent our state in Mobile! 


The North Carolina Distinguished Young Woman Class of 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment