Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend






Fall is in the air! Last week we were blessed with cooler weather, the first sights and smells of the upcoming Fall, and the start of football season. This Labor Day weekend was the perfect way to say 'goodbye' to Summer and 'hello' to Fall. After work on Friday, I drove to Charlotte to visit friends and cheer on my ECU Pirates in the season opener against University of South Carolina. Friday night I got to spend the night with my good friend Leigh and we enjoyed visiting Amelie's 24-Hour Bakery! What a hidden treasure this place was! I loved eating the Salted Chocolate Caramel Brownie (sounds weird, but was heavenly!) On Saturday morning we woke up and took in the first minutes of Fall on a walk at Freedom Park. This park reminds you that nature can be found anywhere, including in the heart of a large city.

Spending time with Leigh, she introduced me to many "hidden treasures" of Charlotte. We enjoyed sitting on her front porch mesmerized by the Charlotte skyline and watching a child run past us with a soccer ball. On our hour-long walk in the park we witnessed a wedding and then enjoyed a perfect hamburger at Big Daddys. On Sunday morning we woke-up and walked to church.

This weekend I was reminded to enjoy the little things in life. For me it doesn't matter what I'm doing, just as long as I'm with people I love and continuing to invest in lifelong relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment