Friday, June 14, 2013

Recital 2013

 Another recital is complete! It is hard to believe that I have been teaching for 13 years and stage managing dance recitals for 8 years. Wow time flies! The lessons I have learned through these experiences far outweigh the lessons that I teach. Each one of these students makes an impact on my life everyday I spend with them. This year's Production Number was 8 minutes long with 65 dancers and contained music from 5 different Broadway shows. My favorite part of the routine was when all 65 dancers were on stage for the last Broadway representation of Newsies.


Of course I got to be in the recital this year too! I made a cameo appearance as a bride in the adult tap dance with Connor acting as my groom! 

Of course this recital would not come together without the great teamwork of all of our teachers at the studio. We make a great team as a big family!

Every year it is sad to see our Seniors graduate and move forward with their college career. This year's 13 girls were a special group. Many of them I began teaching when they were in the first grade! Yes, this does make me feel old.. but I have been so fortunate to watch these girls grow into beautiful dancers and young women! 


No comments:

Post a Comment