Sunday, November 17, 2013

Musicals, Concerts and Games!

This week was a blast! It was very eventful, and I managed to cram a month's worth of activities in 5 days! Tuesday night I attended the first Broadway musical at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC), "Ghost." I have never seen the movie, so everything about the musical was a surprise to me! The effects and lighting were spectacular! Watching the show it was apparent the musical was written in the 21st century. A job well done to the cast and producers of this show!

Wednesday night - I attended the Justin Timberlake concert at the PNC Arena in Raleigh! We were in the nosebleeds but the concert was beyond amazing! Justin went onstage at 9:00pm and did not stop singing until midnight. Three straight hours of singing and dancing and he didn't stop! I wish I had that kind of energy! Walked away loving him as much as I did 13 years ago when I watched him perform with NSYNC in this same arena!


Friday night - I went with back to the PNC Arena to watch the Carolina Hurricanes play the Anaheim Ducks. Not only did we attend the game, we were in Box Seats! Not only did the Canes win - they won in a shootout! This was my first time going to a Canes game in 4 years and it was my first time ever getting to see a shootout! What an experience. Thanks to Amy for inviting me for a fun Friday night!

I don't know of any other NHL team that serves BBQ in their box seats. 


The Canes win in a Shoot Out!


Saturday Afternoon - I got to spend the afternoon with my Premier family to celebrate the upcoming wedding of my friend, Alana. It was a beautiful afternoon for a bridal shower and special memories were made. 

Sunday Night - My friend Nicole and I went to Chapel Hill to see Andrew Belle perform at Local 506. The venue was packed when we arrived. However we were standing in the right place at the right time. One of the members of the crew saw us standing the back and asked if we wanted to walk behind him as he parted the "sea" to make his way to the stage. We followed suit and sure enough, we got to watch the concert from beside the stage! What a great view we had for this concert! 


It was a fun week full of special memories. I am beyond thankful for wonderful friends in my life that I can celebrate these times with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment