Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Can Hear the Ocean

This weekend I made a day trip to the beach with my friend, Amy. We drove through Wilmington and then went out to Kure Beach for the day. Every time I go to the beach I’m amazed by its’ beauty. I am very
fortunate to live in a two hour driving range of the beach. The beach is something that a lot of people never get to experience in their lifetime. Even if they do it is not very often. I am also fortunate to
live within two hours of North Carolina beaches – what I think could be some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. Yes, North Carolina has their “tourist trap” beaches, but they also have beaches
that are deserted and not people-polluted. I always feel inspired when I go to the beach and feel mentally, emotionally and spiritually rejuvenated from the experience. I get lost in the constant steady rhythm of the waves. How they never stop rolling in and they are constantly moving. I start thinking about  how
many grains of sand could possibly be held in just the palm of my hand. How on the surface the sand burns your feet, but if you just dig your feet a little deeper your feet are cooled off. I’m amazed by how
the tide changes and one minute you are sitting next to the water and what seems like a few minutes later you are miles away from the water’s edge. I love how you can look out from your beach chair and you can
only see water for as far as the eye can see. I believe the beach is a humbling experience. It truly makes you realize how small you are in comparison to the world. It also reminds me of how large our God is.
He designed this mechanism of the ocean, the sand, the breeze, the tide and the fact that it all works together to create a masterpiece is spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment