Friday, June 15, 2012

Jumping into Summer

Since recital is over and teaching dance is over for the school year, I can officially say that I am on Summer Break! I still go to work during the day for my "day job" but my nights are free! I dove into summer this week with a lot of fun activities that I was able to enjoy.

Tuesday night after work I went with my friend Amy to the Raleigh Ampitheatre in Downtown Raleigh. We were able to go to the Andy Grammer/Colbie Calliat/Gavin Degraw concert. It was a great concert on a perfect summer night! I have always been a Gavin Degraw fan and was ecstatic to see him in concert. Colbie Calliat was great live and I will now say that I am a fan of newcomer to the music scene, Andy Grammer. What a great show!


On Wednesday night I went with 15 of my co-workers to Wine & Design. We were all from different departments in the company but that didn't stop us from having a good time! We had a great time with a lot of laughs and fun memories. We all walked away after the two hour class with the same painting!
Check out my masterpiece!

Thursday night was an especially memorable night of the week. As our 1 year anniversary of our trip to Kenya approaches we had a team dinner. TheKenyan missionaries we stayed with on our trip and Jessie's parents are living in Cary for a few weeks on a homestay. It was a great opportunity to get us all together and re-live our memories and the ten days we shared together on the other side of the world. Our Kenya team is very special and the only ones who truly know what life was like June 25 - July 5, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment