Monday, June 11, 2012

Recital 2012

 What a crazy last few weeks! I know that I haven't posted in awhile. It's because it has been the busiest few weeks of the year - Dance Recital time! Recital time of the year includes making sure costumes have come in the mail, that the costumes fit all of the dancers, hair accessories have been made or purchased, props have been painted and prepared, songs have been cut to be the right length and speed, Picture and Dress Rehearsal Schedules have been arranged as well as the show order. Not to mention all 69 dances need to be choreographed and taught, volunteers have been organized and that all 275 dancers are in the appropriate location. A dance recital takes a lot of work and wonderful teamwork to come together, but this year was once again a success. Through all the late nights and never-ending rehearsals a lot of fun memories are created and laughter is always shared. These dancers that you spend numerous hours with become your family that you can't live without.
My Senior Company Tap Dancers.

My tap dancing boys did a great job with their tap dance "Are You Ready for Some Football?" (Complete with their own jerseys and footballs)
How could you not love being a dance teacher when you get to be around these cute kids??

We had 18 girls graduate this year. Most of them I have taught since they were little. I will miss these girls so much!

A wonderful group of dance teachers that I can call my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment