Friday, October 5, 2012

My Golden Birthday



Last week was my Golden Birthday. I learned about Golden Birthdays a few years ago. Perfect timing for mine! Your Golden Birthday is when you turn the age of the date of your birthday. So, my birthday is September 26th and this year I turned 26 years old. It was a great birthday. My co-workers surprised me with a decorated desk full of balloons, streamers, confetti and banners. 


After a large group lunch at the Carolina Ale House, they also surprised me with cookie cake!


Friday night my friend Josh came in town. It was so good to see him. He was in the Theatre & Dance Department with me at ECU and we spent many hours together in dance rehearsals. He is currently on the National Tour of Fiddler on the Roof and is on a three week break. Be sure to look and see when the show comes to your town and go see Josh. I can't wait to go see the show when it comes to North Carolina later this year. 



Saturday night I got to spend time with my friend Kyla who was also in the Theatre & Dance Department with me at ECU. She just graduated law school and has moved to Florida to join "the real world." It was great getting to catch up and learn what new chapters have begun for her in her life. 


The week concluded at a dance rehearsal at the studio on Sunday. My Teen Company and Senior Company dancers surprised me with two cookie cakes! Oh how I love this dance family!


I am thankful for the outpouring of love I received last week from my friends and family. If this is what my first week of 26 feels like, I think I might like 26.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had an awesome birthday!! That's funny.. my birthday will be December 26 and I'll be 26 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! You helped to make it very special :) Can't wait for your Golden Birthday!

      Delete