Monday, August 22, 2011

A Trip of a Lifetime



As kids are starting to go back to school, the popular once-a-year question starts to be heard, "What did you do this summer?" Almost every year my answers have been similar. "Went to the beach," or "Went to visit family." However this year I have an answer I've never had before, "I went to Africa!"


On June 25th I left the Raleigh-Durham Airport with nine other people from my church headed to Kenya for 10 days. These 10 days were completely life-changing. I learned a lot about how long international flights can be, what it's like to drive on the other side of the road, speak the same language as someone 8,000 miles away from home, go to the bathroom on the side of the road, feed a baboon from your car car window and catch a glimpse of seeing the world as God sees it. We did more and learned more in a day in Kenya than I've ever done in America. My visit to Africa was a once in a lifetime experience and I can't wait to share my stories with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment